The idea behind this challenge is to read twelve books in the year ’08, all of which must be the first in a series. Quite obvious, really, when you think about it. A good challenge, too, as I have all these series lined up that I have planned to try at some point, but never got around to.
It is hosted by Joy at Thoughts of Joy.
- An Assembly Such as This; Pamela Aidan — finished on 5th January, 2008
- Mr Midshipman Hornblower; CS Forester
- His Majesty’s Dragon; Naomi Novik — finished on 3rd January, 2008
- The Giver; Lois Lowry — finished on 29th January, 2008
- Flambards; KM Peyton — finished on 3rd January, 2008
- A Game of Thrones; George RR Martin — finished on 30th June, 2008
- The Golden Compass; Philip Pullman
- Whose Body?; Dorothy L Sayers — finished on 26th January, 2008
- Jane and the Unpleasantness at Scargrave Manor; Stephanie Barron
- Fire from Heaven; Mary Renault
- Darkly Dreaming Dexter; Jeff Lindsay
- Twilight; Stephenie Meyer — finished on 16th January, 2008